Thank you for sharing your story! Here are a few guidelines and prompts to get your started.
Email email@example.com with ‘Sharing a story’ in the subject line.
Stick to a short story
Try and keep your email to less than 400 words. You might have lots to share, which is great! But it will be more difficult to put into a post.
If you have several different things you want to mention, why not choose your favourite, or separate them out clearly in your email.
Some starting prompts
If you have some ideas but are not sure how to put them into words, here are a few prompts to jog your thought process. Use as many as you want, or none at all!
- Do you have any strategies for reducing food waste at home?
- Are there some foods you never waste, and some you waste often? Why do you think that is?
- Have any friends, family or others influenced your attitude to food waste?
- What would have to change to help you waste less food?
- Have your habits changed over time? What factors lead to these changes?
Sharing a food waste tip
If you are sharing a food waste tip or strategy for reducing waste, it would also be great to know:
- When did you start doing it?
- Where did you hear about it?
- Why did you start doing it?
- Has it made you think about waste differently?
- Has this strategy lead to any other positive outcomes (personally, or in your household)?
How should I credit you?
If you are happy for the content of your email to go on the blog, please say so, and let me know how you would like to be credited. Of course you can stay anonymous if you prefer.
I will email you back as soon as possible and let you know what will happen next. I might have some follow up questions, or ask for more details. If you are happy to share your story to the blog, I will edit it to fit with style and word count.
I can’t take responsibility for any responses you may receive from your contribution, but if you want the post removed at any time, just send an email.
Take a look at some previous contributions for inspiration or to see how stories are presented. Hope to hear from you soon!